LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT CASPER AND NATRONA COUNTY
- Where Vice President, Richard Cheney and wife Lynne Cheney were reared, attending Natrona County High School and Casper College.
- Where Cincinnati Reds pitcher Tom Browning received his early experience in youth baseball.
- Home of Sharon Brondos, one of few writers for Harlequin Novels who is published under her own name.
- Where professional baseball player, Mike Lansing lived, attended school and played baseball.
- Where Joe Alexander rodeoed for two years at Casper College and went on to become the PRCA bareback bronc champion for eleven years. He is recognized in the PRCA Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Where Dean Conger, photo chief for National Geographic Magazine, began his photo journalism career.
- In 1909, when Pathfinder Reservoir was completed it was the largest manmade reservoir in the U.S.
- In 1924 more oil was shipped by rail from Casper than any other place in the world.
- Where the first white man's cabin in Wyoming was built, near Bessemer Bend.